Thursday, March 7, 2013

REC


Castelao Produciones
Directed by:  Jaume Balaguerro, Paco Plaza  
Starring by: Manuela Velasco,Ferran Terrazza, Jorge-Yamam Serrano 


This week I decide to stay at home because there are some duties for my next novel that I’d had to finish. So I hope by stay away for a moment from the cinema to see new movies would make my brain focusing on the task. 


But still, there’s a lot of responsibility by abandoning my blog so I decide to watch one or two of the old film. One of those title’s Rec. My daughter urges me to watch that movie. She says it’s good and very scary, so it tingle my curiosity…so in the middle of brain-stuck I rolled the player…

Yeah right…it’s the Rec #1, you must be laugh because I have not seen the movie, but it’s true…

This movie using POV style, similar to Paranormal Activity, with camera angle that move on the spot recording the activity of young reporter names Angela Vidal. Angela and her cameramen, Pablo, were signed to cover the activities of fire fighter in Barcelona. When I said Barcelona it means Barcelona indeed. All the actors speak in Spanish…fortunately, the language barrier solve by a subtitle.

All day long, the covering runs boring for the two media crew, but duty call at midnight turns the entire story. Fire house receive a call about some old woman that trapped in her apartment, so Angela and Pablo followed the fireman to that place. 

Together with a policeman that waiting for them, they went upstairs and open the old woman apartment’s door. Inside they found the old woman, but she became extraordinarily aggressive and starts to attack one of the officers. The riot begins, especially when they found out that they’re trapped inside the building.

I agree with my daughter. The story’s so tense; moreover it’s reinforced with single shot camera style. i, myself, would be terrified if I found out that the people around me turned into a horrible monster that ate human. 

The story also simple, the characters should escapade from the shield building by looking for the basement key in 3rd floor’s apartment that belongs to apartment manager. Angela, Manu, and Pablo actually want to run through the sewer on workshop building but in the search lead them to the cause of the mess.

Angela and Pablo finally knows that there are some disease that spread inside the building, and the disease came from strange virus that infected a young girl that had been locked up on the penthouse. The strange virus causing demonic possession, and it infected the tenants from a bite of Jennifer’s pet.

There’s a little trouble about the scene continuity. The old man at start said that all the radio and television are out, so they can watch the media but when Angela and Pablo went to the 3rd floor apartment, the TV is obviously is on and working. 

On the other hand, I like this movie…its crazy enough… and for some movie which use POV like they do as movie’s trend in two or three years ago, I give a credit for the maker because it’s very thrilling…

Okay, you might not be haunted by supernatural creature that appears suddenly but you’ll be chase by a mad creature, like zombie, who want to bit you and turns you to become one of them. Creo que esta pelicula debe ser observado…gracias…

No comments:

Post a Comment