Saturday, November 17, 2012

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4

Paramount Picture
Directed by: Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Starring by: Katie Featherston, Kathryn Newton, Matt Shively, Aiden Lovekamp

Remember when the baby boy name’s Hunter that disappeared from the last film?

That boy return in this fourth sequels and it all start with six year old boy names Wyatt. A film which including a boy always interesting for me because it made me remembers Joe, my boy which got the same age at this year. And seeing a handsome boy like Wyatt put some tickling on my nerves to put more attention to it.


For another coincidence, Wyatt also has a big sister name Alex. Same like Joe who has big sister names Queby. Starting this epic, Alex has take film on her brother’s soccer game in November 2011.

Unlike Wyatt, Joe hates sport. He prefers art like his father. Joe is a very talkative boy and likes to attract many friends, while Wyatt is a little bit calm and only have his neighbor, Robbie, as a friend. Robbie has a strange behavior and Alex realized some of it when he moved, after some accident happened on Robbie’s house and he have to stay for a while.

Some of his strange behavior scares Alex to death, especially when he sneaks up to her room at one night and sleep beside her. Since Robbie living in their homes, Wyatt is able to see and talk with ‘invisible’ thing. They often wake up in the middle of the night to play with some of those things. 

From Robbie’s draw that made on Wyatt’s back, Alex knew that she was dealing with some old cult, which first appeared on Paranormal Activity 3. Alex boyfriends, Ben, help Alex then to monitor all the activity in her house by activating web based camera. This monitoring system became expansion area for this film.

The trick of the infra red from Kinect multiplayer which shows those invisible figures amaze me. But I also like the old trick like shifting chair in the kitchen when Wyatt is playing around on his bike. I’ve got some experience of the shifting chair when I was kid. 

It was night and I’ve been studied for the exam. I was alone because I’d like to study on the kitchen table outside. When I was read the book, I realized the chair position had change. The chairs were moved closer to me. It’s scared the hell out of me and I run into the bed room to found my parents.

Though I didn’t write about Paranormal Activity 2 and Paranormal Activity 3, I keep follow the chronicle and the stories tension increased in each series. Still rely on the awkward appearances like Holly, the mother, who lost her knife in the kitchen and it come back for almost stubbing Doug, the father. Or swaying chandelier on the ceiling and suddenly fell to the floor. Robbie’s mom, Katie, as a demon possessed lady appears more often to kill each member of the family, begun with Holly, Ben, and then Doug.

My smile widened when I see the scene where Alex call Ben to found out about the trouble on her files. It was after Katie break Ben’s neck and live him to death on the drawer. The calls made Ben’s phone cell ringing and it goes close to where Alex was.

It’s similar to the part from the story that I write for Thriller Anthology, Sell Your Soul. On Sebatang Rokok Merek Olimpia, I wrote the scene where my main characters call her husband to ask about something in mind. Suddenly she hears the ring from the refrigerator. Like Alex, she opened the frige and frown when she saw was on the inside.

Like the other sequel, Paranormal Activity 4 begin with slow plot but the tense goes up in the mid and the final scene. I love what this film does to the audiences; because I hear some girls said to her boyfriend to leave the cinema because the film is scares her. Or there’s a couple who really leave the cinema because they want to see it no more. Wonder why they have to pick this film if they can’t stand the suspense?

Well, they are not just jump from their chair, close their eyes in fear, or cried out in surprise but I know the film maker want the audience to guess what is all about from the whole story. Until know, I still don’t understand what Wyatt prepared for but I guess its remains a mystery for the next sequel. But like, any other audience I love the final part…

It was when Alex looking for her father that drug around by demon in Robbie’s house and suddenly she saw Katie. Katie chases Alex to a bed room and for a glance, Katie’s face turns to face of a monster. Alex managed to close the door and escaped from the window on the second floor. But when she found Wyatt on the backyard t was too late for her because Katie and the demon troops are already there.

When Katie struck Alex and the camera turns out, the film are finished and it leaves the audience to wonders what happened to Alex… and they, who survive until the last scene, sit still on their chairs talk about it…don’t accept that the film is finished…scares one another with Wyatt’s name…and laugh at it on a thrill…these film is stunned till the end !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment